View Single Post

Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 AM

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts

Greetings to all. I'm new to the forum, but certainly not new to Smith & Wesson revolvers. As a Deputy Sheriff in Texas, I carried a P.C. 629 (4" barrel) that had the combat package. In a weak moment I let that one get away from me. I tried talking the guy (a reserve deputy) into selling it back to me many times after I sold it to him, but he never gave in. Well, that was in 1987. I've lost track of him, but I believe I have the ability to find him, and start working on him again to get him to sell my very first duty weapon back to me.

This sudden inteterest in S&W revolvers has roots in several areas of my life. The immediate urge came when I saw a S&W 500 P.C. Hunter Model with a 6.5" barrel fitted with a 1" compensator on Gun Broker. S&W only made that Hunter barrel length in 2004. Now the S&W 500 P.C. Hunter has a 7.5" barrel and the 1" compensator.

I know from personal experience, that if the barrel gets much over 6" I'm not going to carry it, rather, I'll leave it in the truck. But this revolver just spoke to me. Now I find myself combing the auction sites, looking for a S&W at least close to the one I first carried. If anyone out there knows a Steve Kyle, about 50 years old, give me a shout; I want my baby back.