View Single Post

Old 08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Liked 42 Times in 25 Posts

Over the last 22+ years, I've owned every make, model and caliber of pistol and revolver in creation. The Glock is the only one that I can literally take apart down to ALL 34 parts with nothing more than a simple punch which is basically all the Glock armorer's tool is.

Smith & Wesson 3rd gen semi-autos are absolutely incredible pistols. I've owned several over the years and wish I had 'em back, every, single, one.

Smith & Wesson revolvers are my pride and joy and I carry one every single day of the week - a J frame model 38 NO DASH Airweight Bodyguard, circa 1985/86. If I'm vertical, it's in my pocket.

The Glock has been scoffed at for the last 25 years, but it's funny how every single firearm manufacturer in exsistence has made a polymer framed, striker fired weapon of some sort.

Mockery is the best form of flattery.

I rank the Glock right up there with the 1911 as probably the most copied handgun. While a 1911 is a 1911 is a 1911, polymer pistols do vary in their looks and sorta, somewhat in the mechanisms, but when it comes right down to it, a plastic pistol is a plastic pistol is a plastic pistol.

With all that being said, I'm a cop and I carry a Glock 22 on duty. I have for the last 20 years and I doubt if I'll ever carry anything else. And yes, I've tried the Smith & Wesson SD, the M&P, the Sigma, the XD, the HK USP even the Taurus PT24/7. While they all have their good (and bad) qualities to them, they just ain't a Glock.

GLOCKS - THE DAMNED THINGS JUST WORK! PERIOD!

Besides...a Smith & Wesson revolver is what you show your friends. A Glock is what you show your enemies!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: