View Single Post

Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
US Veteran

Liked 843 Times in 332 Posts

OK, this thread has developed into palpable frustration for everyone including the OP.

I am going to be bold and high-jack it. I am throwing etiquette to the wind. Here it goes:

I know this guy (we'll call him Ilike9mm). He's an experienced shooter, but he is not familiar with DA snubs. He recently bought a model 60 and it is shooting X inches low at XX yards (feel free to give me the numbers Ilike9mm). He was using 1XX gr ammo.

I know the places to start are shooter technique and ammo selection. Beyond that what are his options?

He has tried altering his sight picture in order to compensate and bring the POI up, but he is unhappy with this solution.

After he has someone else shoot the gun, would you recommend sending it back to S&W? If he wants to make this a primary carry piece, maybe this would be the perfect time to recommend a 'smith put on something like an XS Bigdot and make sure that POA=POI.

Worst case, if he determines the problem can't be corrected through proper technique or ammo selection and he doesn't want to spend anymore money on the problem, would you recommend filing the front sight?

If anyone has done this, can they offer advice?

As much as I have wanted this thread to die...

...I feel better now.

Chubbs