View Single Post

Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 AM

Liked 4,310 Times in 2,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Sharpshooter View Post
Yes, good report but...
LOL, pics will be coming, just give me a bit of time. Also don't expect them to match the superb quality exhibited by many on this forum, you guys really know your stuff when it comes to firearms pictures and I have a lot to learn.

Further update. Just finished tuning the action and the DA trigger is at 7 lbs. 14.5 ounces with the SA trigger at 3 lbs. 2 ounces. Also weighed it with the trigger gage just out of curiosity, unloaded with the JM grip it's 2 lbs. 13.0 ounces, or 45.0 ounces total. Loaded with 6 rounds of 230 gn. American Eagle it's 3 lbs. 0.03 ounces. BTW, anyone considering the purchase of the Lyman Digital trigger gage, buy it, for the price it's an excellent easy to use trigger pull gage.

Turned out that "N frame" MIM trigger I ordered from Numrich's isn't a match for the features on the trigger that came in the 625, pin count and locations of the pins in the trigger for the hand spring are different. So I got out the Dremel and took the bite out of the serrations and radiused the edges of the trigger face. Some of the serrations remain but it's a lot more comfortable. I'd really like to have the blued MIM Service hammer and smooth Target trigger in this gun and will call S&W to see if they will sell me the parts.

Finally, I measured the factory firing pin in order to see what S&W is currently installing. Overall length of the firing pin that shipped in my 625 was 0.488 inch.