View Single Post

Old 08-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I bought my 625JM 2/05 when they first became available. After easing the DNA-sampling trigger in situ with some strips of emery cloth and doing a spring and strain screw replacement, I began shooting it with abandon. I do use Federal primers in my Starline revolver-only brass, which loads easily by hand in the steel moonclips (Ranch Products - same as S&W supplies.) - no ftf's. Go to UMC 250 packs of ball ammo(Wally World $86), and 1 in 6 or 12 will have a ftf. It's a 'fun' shooter here - and I have plenty of homebrews ready for it'

In the following picture, from early last winter, you'll note no 'bright spots' in the bead blast flat finish. It's never been in a holster. Also, the .250" height fiber optic tube front sight replaced my gold beaded Patridge within days - it's still there - as are the JM grips. In fact, the 627 Pro (same sight!) in the picture now has a JM grip on it - the grip grows on you!

My 625JM has sent thousands of mainly 230gr FMJ bullets downrange, as well as probably a thousand .45 Auto Rims loaded with 255gr LSWC's. The only ftf's were found to be caused by a loose strain screw - it must be tightened periodically (Okay, twice in 6.5 years!). It is a dependable and fun revolver. Mine came near perfect - .005 (now .006) inch B/C gap, centered muzzle crown, perfect timing, great DA trigger, and a fast and fidgetless grab with that JM grip. I thought a 6.5+ year report might be appreciated.

Stainz