View Single Post

Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 AM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
Welcome to the Forum

These days there are factory big bore snubbies. . . back in the 70s and 80s N-frame snubbies did not exist so Jovino, Belhert and others steeped up to the place and gave the public what it was craving.

Here is my Belhert. It has a 2 3/8" barrel. Custom snubbies of the day were between 2 5/8" and 2 3/8".

Today you can buy Night Guards with their 2 1/2" barrels.

Then there are the 2" barreled N-frames. Here is an 8 shot 357 Magnum

In 45 S&W offered these in 45ACP or 45 Long Colt like the pair below.

I like the 45 snubbies so much that I grabbed 4 extra barrels so that I could build a few with adjustable sights.

I also grabbed a 3" for a future project. I wish I could have gotten more than one of these as well.

Then there are the snubby made by other manufacturers. Here is a Astra Terminator

Taurus has/had an entire lineup of 5 shot big bore. These are about L-frame size.

With all of that going on it is far more practical to buy one than have a gunsmith cut one down for you. However if money is no option and you really want what you want, you can have anything made.
The Astra was made in 45ACP?

I also can't seem to find a Taurus 455 or Jovino. How difficult is it to find a Belhert 2 3/8 barrel? I am liking barrels under 3.

Regards,
Greyson