View Single Post

Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 PM

Liked 138 Times in 22 Posts

I just retired my Loadmaster and got a brand new Classic Turret and I haven't found a single flaw in mine. Out of the box, easily 10x's easier to install and set up than the Loadmaster was. It took me all of 10 minutes to get mine mounted, assembled, tuned, and cranking out rounds. If it gets any easier, they could train a monkey to do it!

I've got 2000 rounds loaded on mine so far and haven't ran into a single problem. The main reason that most people have problems with the plastic ratchet and indexing is because they short stroke the press when the ratchet is in the twisted section of the rod. Just run the ram up a little more to get it out of the twisted section and then bring it back down. I guarantee you'll eliminate 90% of the ratchet problems.

One of the best things I like about the Classic Turret is the spent primer tube. Simply take the plug out of the end and drop a small trash can under the tube and you'll never have to worry about it getting filled up. Or leave the plug and it's still 100x's better than the Loadmaster's system. You need a big tarp to catch all the **** that comes out of the ram of the Loadmaster, I don't care how big your trash can is. And I get tired of running a piece of clothes hanger in and out of the ram trying to unpack and loosen the packed spent primers. I'm a Classic Turret disciple!