View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,158 Times in 7,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Yes, this will eventually be a book length manuscript. The press announcement about the UFO took place in a banquet hall. They sneaked into the alcove to cover it.

Margo has a very good reason for being so demanding; actually she is a real b-word. Her inner conflict and her issues with Jack will be reconciled by the end of the story.

As a tidbit, how would you like to be saddled with this unbreakable prophecy as a baby?

“One last thing and I’ll leave you alone. You said there was another reason why you hate men. Will you tell me what it is, please?” I really wanted to know.

“This is the last question that I will answer today.” Margo replied.

“In my plane of existence, a female child called a Historian is born about every thousand years. The death rate for newborn Historians is very high; that’s why we who have this power have such long life spans. When the child reaches two years of age, the mother brings her before our Seer. This holy woman blesses the child and pronounces an unbreakable prophecy for it. The prophecy for me is this:

Her Beloved shall be he who is, but who never was.

The problem is that her man, her Beloved, cannot exist so she is condemned to be alone forever.

Let's see: this holy woman condemns this babe to not have a man, so she blames men. Yeah, that figures. That does sound like real life.