View Single Post

Old 09-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the help everyone!

Forgot to mention I already have the guns.
I wouldn't bother going there but in the winter we catch redfish,trout and black drum literally every cast. Caught over 100 something fish with my friend there one day.
I think I'm gonna go with Buffalo Bore for the ammo.

National Wildlife Refuge - I've encountered boar out there 5-6 times. First was at night, right after the sun set. I was getting close to my car (about a mile walk) and I heard something rustle and let out a loud grunt. I walked backwards for about 20 feet and started yelling at it to try to scare it. I couldn't see anything but could hear it walking, what sounded like towards me. Kept yelling and eventually it stopped.
Had a run in with one while she was with her kids, its a small island i fish from and I couldve easily accidently cornered it. Luckily I wasn't quite to that part of the island yet.
Was walking the trail near north end and heard something in the bushes. I couldn't see it so i yelled at it and stepped back. Damn thing grunted back at me, load as heck. Needless to say I was ready to take a swim.

Second to last time i was there (end of gator mating season) I was heading back to the car. About 200ft from the bank there was a puddle, probably 15ft wide, 40ft long that i had to cross to get back (probably half a dozen or so of these on the trail, not usually there but we had a lotta rain) I step in and see hundreds of baby leopard frogs jumping outta the way. I was thinking oh damn probably some snakes around so i was looking out for them. Got about halfway through the puddle, maybe a ft deep at that time, and I see something underwater about five to seven (more like five) feet in front of me. Damn thing looked like a python, i remember thinking what the heck we don't have pythons in this part of florida (introduced in south florida). Followed the tail up and HOLY S%*&!!!! 5-6ft alligator probably about 5ft in front of me. I stepped back, it didn't move, so I just kept slowly walking away. It just kept watching me but didn't move (head underwater). Probably the most scared/startled i've ever been, luckily it wasn't much bigger