View Single Post

Old 09-03-2011, 03:43 PM

Liked 15,530 Times in 6,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
Project killed.

Linkage kit: $55 for Hornady or $75 for RCBS

Additional linkage part to reduce stress on powder measure: $7 for Hornady part

Expanders for less than half the calibers I load for: $12 for RCBS or A few bucks less for Hornady

It just doesn't make sense to give this a try for the cost of the parts. I'm already at a shopping list of at or over a hundred bucks. Maybe with a Redding turret with the seven stations I would be able to make this work and not have to combine the expanding with the powder drop and the seating with the crimping, but trying to make everything happen with only four stations just isn't turning out like I had hoped. Maybe Lee will get smart and make a part that mounts the Perfect Powder Measure to their powder through expander dies. There seems to be something to the Universal Charge die they offer that would combine the two but still it doesn't do what I'm wanting to do with what I want to do it on. But I did take a real hard look at the Hornady Lock and Load press. Five stations, Powder COP die, dies lock into the head instead of having to pull the whole thing, super easy to pull the powder measure out and dump the powder and clean. Optional bullet feeding, case feeding, and all kinds of add on stuff for it. The basic setup can be bought for $400 or less right now. I'm thinking real hard on that.
Naaa, just buy 4 or 5 Square Deals