View Single Post

Old 09-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Liked 1,371 Times in 699 Posts

Finally, after having $$ down on one for 16 months my wait, thanks in part to SEVN3, is now over.

Now that I have a little more time I can add, for the record, that the frame is stamped 632-2.

It was an interesting day. Yesterday I planned for a noon meet at a local Gun Shop down in Fenton (for you Michiganders) to sell a gun that I had listed on-line, the same shop that I had this 632 ordered from. The odds were slim that I would recieve "the call" at 10:30 this a.m. that the 632 had arrived, but that's exactly what happened.

After making my sale I went in and when looking over the 632 that they initially brought out I noticed that the barrel was noticably canted to the left so I asked to see the one that they had right there in the case. That one looked good so I asked if I could have the display gun, which seemed to put the clerk off some. At first I thought it was just because he had to go find the other box and take the tag off the display gun, but now I'm not so sure. While in the back room I heard him tell another clerk, "He wants the good one and is going to stick us with the bad one."

I held my piece and when all the paperwork was done & I was ready to leave I apologized for sticking them with the "bad one." He made some others comments that just reinforced the conclusion I had already made. I won't be going back there again.......

With that said, the 632-2 that I brought home today has, bar-none, the best J-Frame, "Out of the box" trigger I have ever felt. Crown & finish are excellent so, knock on wood, it looks like I have a winner on my hands. Well, my wife does.....

Since there has been a few threads lately dealing with S&W boxes (cardboard or plastic) I will also add that this one came in the blue plastic type.

Last edited by ogilvyspecial; 09-22-2011 at 04:21 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: