View Single Post

Old 09-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts

The first handgun I ever owned was a OM Ruger Blackhawk .357 and I never felt undergunned when I carried it. If you can shoot it, well then you should be able to carry it. I can tell you when I have been out with a couple of folks from work they look at one of my DA revolvers like my Model 27 or when I carried my 624 and asked when I was going to get into the 21st Century. The SA revolver has its drawbacks sure, but how many rounds do you really think you are going to need in a gunfight? Most are only a couple, sure there are exceptions, but some that think you are going to be blazing away with a full high cap mag and then opting for a reload, well, never say never, but cmon. I have carried and still carry on occasion a SA revolver. Think about it, in .45 Colt the power is there (same as in .357, .38-40 or .44-40) and if you practice why shouldn't it work? It worked well for General Patton during the Punitive Expedition when he hunted down Pancho Villa's aide de camp. Lawmen used them well into the 20th Century, including Texas Ranger Frank Hamer. Like any other gun, practice with it and you'll be fine.