Thread: Crimson Trace
View Single Post

Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While I can certainly see a need for a more powerful laser for daylight use, I think the Veridian model with the button you have to push to activate the laser would be a problem.

Just about any time you have to pull your weapon for a self defense situation, you don't have time to push anything other than the trigger. Some even argue that you are better to carry without a round in the chamber, and that's just silly. Hold on a minute bad guy while I rack this thing to load a round. I mean get real.

I carry for self defense only. I only shoot at targets as training for self defense. I am an insurance investigator and handle shooting scenes at times. I have never seen a self defense situation that ended well for the victim where they had time to do anything but shoot.

A green laser that is more visible would be welcomed, no doubt, but for now, the CT has the bull by the horns with point and click activation of the laser. Target aquisition is immediate and without any additional thought or action on my part. Point the weapon and the laser is on. Now give me a green, high power laser with that as standard function, and I am all in.