View Single Post

Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 PM

Liked 87 Times in 29 Posts
Smile Model 13 verses Ruger GP100 3"

Final Photos Added - See Page 4

I have the option to purchase a 4" Model 13-2 in excellent condition with grip adapters or a 3" Ruger GP100 with fixed sights and the old style Ruger grip with the wood inserts. I have never had a Ruger revolver and never even fired one...currently I own a couple of snubbie S&W's and a 686-4P. I feel comfortable with S&W, but I've never had a blued gun either, so the 13 would be the first. I really wanted a 3" barrel, but the Ruger sure does look fat and heavy...I am big enough to carry it, but am not sure which to get since I have had very good results with S&W. I am partial to them because my grandfather used to talk about S&W when I was a child. I can only afford one of the two, and they are both priced fairly. I would like input from some folks here who have maybe shot both guns. I'm weighing carryability, durability, etc...I know the K frame likes 158 grain magnums but the Ruger could probably shoot hotter loads...so many variables. If you could only afford to purchase one of the guns, which would it be? Thanks, B

Last edited by bassoneer; 09-11-2011 at 08:33 AM.