Thread: Need Opinions
View Single Post

Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejack View Post
The trigger thing is way over blown on the internet. With regular practice, it should be a non issue, it doesn't bother me a bit.
I agree. I decided to use my SW40F for concealed carry qualifying. The actual shooting is not difficult, you must put holes in a sheet of plain letter paper

In one of the drills they used the 'clothesline' to move the paper in and out. When it moves in toward you, shoot until the paper stops or your gun is empty. When the paper stops, cover the target, and if it runs inward toward you again, resume shooting but if it runs away, do not shoot. This added quite a bit of excitement and adrenaline from a relatively small amount of stress.

I honestly could not tell you anything about the trigger pull. It simply was not important to what I was doing, since I had to watch the paper and react. When I needed to shoot, it went bang.

Long, hard, gritty trigger pull? Terrible trigger? ****** trigger? I dunno, it worked fine for me and I never noticed any of the 'finer' points that seem to be so important that they are endlessly debated...