View Single Post

Old 09-14-2011, 01:24 AM
US Veteran

Liked 542 Times in 218 Posts

You are killing me! I have given you king and expert status as there are so few who are even familiar with the 547. I didn't even know it existed until about three years ago, and now I'm fascinated by it; I always look for a new thread about them.

I don't know if I had told you, but I own a 4" 547; I've never actually seen it. I bought it on gunbroker and sent it to my dad until I move back to the US.

I have had an idea for awhile about buying a model 64 and converting it to 9mm. I know, it's not the same...it would require the use of moons, but until the 547 goes back into production (I can't help but hope), it'll have to do. Seeing your chromed/nickeled 547 just motivates me more. However, if I see a chromed 547 like that, at the price rmj paid for, I'd snap it up in a second. I just can't believe that S&W won't make it, even moon clip version. As popular as 9mm is, they can't argue that there is no market, not when they are producing that Model 1917 repro.

Which is your favorite shooter? Let me know how the chromed one works...curious to know if it affects functioning and firing for good or worse.