View Single Post

Old 09-15-2011, 11:53 PM

Liked 307 Times in 195 Posts

re Jeeps: "So he just calmly told her how much he loves her. But then followed it by pointing out if she got away with it, she'd just pull it again and again. Then he told her he'd miss her, but the jeep stays, and he really wanted her to stay, too. They're still married."

After 30+ years with Old Blister, my Sweet Bride, it seemed we had pretty much worked it all out. She puts up with stuff, I put up with stuff. Pretty much we get along after all this time.

I let her know I was looking for a Jeep.....took about a year to find the right one. She feigned indifference in any details, options, plans or etc...."didn't want to be bothered" as I recall the phrase.

Brought it home, she seemed surprised despite her opposition, there it was. Suffice it to say, she's a strongly opinionated woman of Irish ancestry.

Day 1 she wanted it parked behind the barn.
Day 2 I took her for a ride and then parked it behind the barn....it was really hard for her to get out. I left her there to work it out. Told her surprised look, that it was no harder for her to get out on her side than it was for me. The ground was very soft from rain, and it was inclined a bit. And the doors are...well.....Jeep doors take a bit of understanding especially swinging uphill that way.

Now 10 months later, she still won't actually drive it, but does like to go for short rides in it.

It's parked in the drive way since Day 2.

Last edited by m657; 09-16-2011 at 12:03 AM.