View Single Post

Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Liked 5,762 Times in 1,992 Posts
Talking

I've never had that problem because one of the first discussions I had with woman I met when I was single so long ago was their feelings on hunting. If they were against it or said they didn't know why I hunt then that was enough to look somewhere else. Of course I also mentioned that I owned lots of guns as the two sort of go together. Once I got the response I wanted then things were good to go until the relationship went somewhere or it didn't.

If the relationship went somewhere and then lady changed her tune on the subject it was an instant signal to run and not walk away from the little love fest because then it is all about power and control and that wasn't going to work with me. I'm a reasonable guy and I pretty much easy to get along with but that's the one thing I won't tolerate because at that point it's called entrapment or worse.

My wife and I were married 30 years when she passed away 6 years ago. When I brought up hunting and guns when we met all she said was as that long as you eat what you hunt then I would have no problems.
The Following User Likes This Post: