View Single Post

Old 09-18-2011, 07:58 PM

Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith crazy View Post
Clark, Privipartisan 7.62x54R ammo is Boxer primed, brass and quite reloadable. I get the 180gr stuff, shoot it then reload it for son #2. Been able to get MOA groups from his Mosey that has a scope, reconditioned bolt and a synthetic stock. See if that ammo is available in your area.
I got some Boxer primed brass for the 54R, just haven't decided if I want to take the plunge in buying the dies when I still have about 1000 surplus rounds that I am very slowly going through. Unfortunately the bullets themselves are very limited, and the correct diameter is commonly available in 123 gr and 175gr, and I want to find 150 gr, which is quite rareish. The x39 OTOH, is quite frustrating when dealing with reloadable fodder. It cost a lot, and depending on brand can be either large or small primered. And to think I have 11 rifles that fire those two chamberings, and some are wondering why I'm considering firing off the ammo I have and selling them and staying with domestic offerings. I hate being at the mercy of importers and foreign munition plants.