Thread: Model 41 Tuning
View Single Post

Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Model 41 Tuning

Guys,

Thanks for the reply's.

Tom - Good information. You have cemented my decision to never drive a pin on my 41. I've detail stripped my SIG's, but this is a whole new ballgame. Hadn't seen that collection of information.

505Gibbs - Ransom rest would be the ticket. Wish I had access to one. The human factor is no doubt playing some role in my results.

BoatBum - Your are on to my line of thinking. Relining sounds like a surefire way to go. Not that my 41 is all that special, it would be nice to have the gun remain looking stock.

Seems that there are 3 primary places advertised on the internet that specialize in 41 work. Clark, 10ring and Heffron. From the reading I've done, and paying close attention to the comments by Jerry Keefer, who in my opinion has shared the most in-depth comments on 41 work. Seems that special attention to the head space is one very important element to superb accuracy. Additionally, reliability can be addressed by careful adjustment of the extractor camming action and even ejector length.

Have not seen much in the way of discussion on head space work and the results gained from doing that. Would like to keep this going to see if anyone has had this type of work done.

Thanks again all.