View Single Post

Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,865 Times in 440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballarat View Post
If any of you gentlemen ever get to visit Australia and especially the Sydney region, then the Lithgow museum up in the Blue mountains is a visit not to be missed. It is spectacular. The exhibits are extremely well presented with a wealth of information I could not even begin to describe. I could spend months there just researching let alone reviewing the exhibits. Its a true part of modernish day Autralian military weapons history, which in this day and age sadly is not politically correct, for whatever reason. However you cannot deny history and the facts. We fought hard for freedoms in many conflicts but sadly today those freedoms are being erroded by politicians who have never had to fight for their freedoms, we and past generations did it for them.
The ungrateful few are now trying to deny history at any cost. Shame on them.

Sorry for the rant, its my two bobs worth. I fought for this country and I dont like the way its going. You cannot deny history no matter how hard the pollies try.

The museum looks like it would be a great place to camp out for a spell. I wonder if they have any records/invoices regarding the lend lease guns?