Thread: 37-2?
View Single Post

Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 AM

Liked 127 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH2 View Post
Weren't these no-MIM, no-lock guns with hammer-mounted firing pin and J-magnum frame?
They did have forged hammers and triggers, plus hammer-mounted firing pins and no internal locks, but they were not built on the J-magnum frame. It's easy to see the difference, because they had the old pressed-in cylinder stop lug, not the longer machined-in lug of the J-magnum frame.

This is one I sold a few years ago; it was from the 2005 run:

Unfortunately I have no idea where you could find one now. Despite being the only new-production no-lock revolver S&W built in 2005, they were actually somewhat slow sellers. Rumor had it that about 1200 were built in that first run, and it wasn't until late summer of 2006 that they finally sold out. When a much-smaller batch came out in 2008 they barely moved at all, in part because the very popular no-lock 642 had just been reintroduced, and in part because S&W had jacked the price up about $100 over the 2005 dealer price. My local dealer had a couple dozen 37-2s that he eventually returned to the distributor in 2008 because he just couldn't sell them, even when discounted to near dealer cost.