View Single Post

Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM

Liked 40 Times in 25 Posts

Wow, I'm thinking of sending my 625JM to Scooter for some work!

I have no experience with the PC gun, mine is strictly limited to the JM. I've had no problems with barrel leading, even using lead semi-wadcutters in mine. Oddly, I have had some problems with carbon buildup in the forcing cone. It varies depending on the round that I'm using, but it has nothing to do with lead vs. jacketed bullets. I've thought about having the forcing cone smoothed out by a smith but, frankly, the problem hasn't been that bad.

I agree with what everyone else says about the trigger being a bit on the heavy side. However, although mine is somewhat heavy, it's also very smooth, and I've stopped thinking about the pull weight. Mine is a true tack driver, very accurate and it loves 230gr. bullets.

The only modification I've made on mine is to replace the gold bead Patridge front sight with a Hi Viz red fiber optic front sight. It simply cannot be beat for rapid shooting in daylight.

I've also kept the JM grips. I've tried every grip imaginable with this gun but, in the end, the JMs seemed to work best for me.