View Single Post

Old 10-05-2011, 08:50 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

No - no I say! .45 ACPs have been launched from S&W revolvers since 1917! It's natural... and Ranch Products, makers of the moonclips included with your 625, did sell them direct for $35/100 delivered. 105 'clips, separated by hardboard, loads in five layers of 21 in a metal 5.56mm ammo can - Zombie-ready!

I bought a 4" 625-8 9/02 - before I reloaded. It's ammo costs were always similar to .38 - .357M then. Today - a trip to WallyWorld can land you 250 packs of UMC 230gr ball ammo - in brass - for $86-$90. That's $18/50 at most - for a clean shooting 'big bore'. Get a Brownell's nutdriver style de-mooner - all you need - and will hold the six stripped empties while you find a ziploc bag for them (Save your brass!). Order a Classic-DX style spring held, ie, not pinned, front HiViz sight - .250" in height - you'll love it. If not, 30 seconds later - you are back to the gold beaded Patridge sight. Save the HiViz - it'll fit the 627 Pro, too!

I added the 627 Pro 5/08 - keeper! It got it's own HiViz - and some nice Ahrends Retro Targets:

Moonclips are great - if you reload, get Starline brass - it loads easily by hand in R.P. 'clips. Remingtons aren't too bad, either. You can get a x8 speedloader from 5 Star Firearms - great product - as are their loading plates - all machined Al - and they'll load any .38/.357M case, too. Here my 627 Pro is as it is equipped today:

Yeah, the 625JM was contageous... my 627 Pro got it's own HiViz and a JM grip, too - really a faster grab. It had a sibling it insisted on my giving a home to - evil - a 2 5/8" PC627 UDR. Be prepared. You really cannot go wrong on your first choice... just leave room in the safe... there will be more...

Stainz

PS I needed more room - I bought a 'Governor' last June - just to shoot up my 'clipped .45 ACPs!