View Single Post

Old 10-10-2011, 01:32 AM

Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispcapt View Post
Completely not the issue and not a very deep thinker. Think about it a bit more deeply than you have. What's your most likely chance of getting caught carrying an illegal gun? To help you out - just your normal day to day routine. Most likely it won't be the result of a shooting.
So you're sitting in prison with a felony conviction simply because you didn't take the time or make the effort to follow the law or thought the law didn't apply to you? Gee, how many did I lock up in my career who thought the same way? Or are you one of the LEOs who thinks the laws won't apply to them?
Well, I would take offense to your tone but I was well aware that that I was speaking to (1) a trooper (2) trooper brass (3) someone that graduated from junior G-man school. But I digress.

You originally stated "Now you're involved in a shooting. It doesn't matter what friendly LEO shows up..." To which I replied "Guess what else you aren't.......dead".

Now you want to fling insults such as "not a very deep thinker" and insinuating that I "one of the LEOs who thinks the laws won't apply to them."

I don't know about you but I'm really not worried about being caught carrying an illegal gun (sic) since the last time I found myself on the receiving end of a "stop and frisk" was........never.

For the record, I would never advocate that someone not take a few easy steps to be in compliance if that is possible. However a few posters have stated that it is not always possible.

I part with a joke: What is the difference between a State Police Captain and God? God knows he isn't a State Police Captain.

Stay safe.