View Single Post

Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

Durring world war two my mother heard the negro spiritual, "Oh dem golden slippers" playing on the radio. She walked through the rooms to shutt off the radio and none was playing, yet she kept hearing the song!
She instictivley knew Eldon her brother in the 82nd glidders must be in trouble. At that time she wasnt real religious, (That came latter) but she got down on her knees and prayed for him. Nothing was heard for a long time. Latter when they got together and compared notes they found that at that exact time he was severly wounded when his glider was crashed, only he and one guy out of 14 in his glidder wasnt killed. He busted his back, smashed his face in and his buddy and him watched as the germans finished off all the rest. They had to hide out for several days and nights and watched from a haystack the germans gun down a farmer and his daughter that had helped them!
We dont understand these things, but I belive in them!
I have only had 3 or 4 nightmares in my life. I had one where I was walking on my rounds high up on a balcony at night time at work when this guy that I knew who was a janitor there jumped out of the dark, swinging a iron bar on me and snarling not careing I was armed and kept comeing. I pulled my revolver but it wouldnt fire. I woke up. I had nothing against the guy in the dream. Later I told my buddy about the dream. He was also a guard with me and knew him better than I did and told me that was a evil guy that was into satinism, black magic etc. I hadnt known that. I think there is something to all that.
Another time I had a close friend that I worked with in yosemite in 1960. About 5 years later I was driveing through clinton missisippi where he told me he was from. A co worker was traveling with me and I decided to pull over to a resturant and see if I could find him in the phone book. After finding a relative or two I got his number and him. He says wait there and I will come. While waiting I told my partner, I dont know why, but I have a real funny feeling about him. He showed up, looked thin and pale. He said this is the first time I got out of the house in close to a year. I was in a bad accident, in a comma for about 6 months and today is the first time on my feet!
The Following User Likes This Post: