View Single Post

Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Liked 701 Times in 286 Posts

seems like some people learn the hard way to trust the voice inside us that says don't go there today, or get out of there quick. most memorable experience from me was when i was 16. My sister had just graduated high school and was going to our mothers' house to get some of her things since she was moving out on her own. i had a bad feeling and told her i did not want to go with her to help cause something bad would happen and we should wait until the next day. After arguing for an hour i finally gave up and went with my sister to help load up some things. on the way back to the small town where i was staying with my grandparents and my sister had rented a house we were passing by a small cemetery when a deeer came out of the trees struck the front bumper of the truck coming towards us, hit my sisters truck and came through the windshield and hit me . i think what saved me was partly my superstition that every time i pass a graveyard i take off my hat and as we were just passing the edge had my arm up putting my hat back on. that and wearing safety glasses instead of regular sunglasses. wound up with 5 staples in my arm lots of cuts and glass in me and a scar on my nose from where the glasses broke from the force of the deer hitting my. its an odd feeling having something brown and hairy hit you in the face that hard. left an impression in the seat of the bow and arrows that were behind seat. have heard voices that arent really there a few times and always puts me on high alert. sorry for the longwindedness

some good stories/experiences on here.
The Following User Likes This Post: