View Single Post

Old 10-12-2011, 04:00 PM

Liked 29,933 Times in 11,132 Posts

Back in the English county of Cornwall there are lots of places where "the bones of the Earth show through" as I call it. One vacation with some buddies part of the group decided to go and look at an old ruined tin mine while myself and the other guy continued our leisurely walk to the pub. The other three appeared a little later wide eyed and pale telling of the "awful quiet" up by the abandoned mine. They realised that the lack of birdsong was all wrong and described the light up there as "looking funny".

I am personally blessed/cursed with the ability to know when I need to see somebody urgently, usually for then last time. I also seem to know when it is the last time I shall see a person. My late wife's aunt is similarly gifted, or not depending on your point of view. The worst ones have been with a healthy friend and a family member who were pregnant, but I knew that the child will never see the light of day. That has happened twice, and it is twice too often. Sometimes it is just better not to know.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: