View Single Post

Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts
Default People are more interested in guns

This week, I had three people that asked about my gun, what gun I would suggest for them and what they needed to do in order to get a permit.

The first was an orthopedic surgeon examining a family member. He is a great guy and truly wanting to learn about guns. After he examined the family member, he had me go into his private office so he could discuss what gun would be best for his needs, caliber choice and such. He then asked if I would take him with me to the range and let him shoot some guns. The man is 62 yrs of age. This took place on Tuesday.

The next was a female in her 40's and she was cutting the hair of a person in a barber chair next to me. The shooting in the CA beauty shop got her to thinking of all the shootings that have taken place in shops like hers. She talked me at length about guns, the legal process for permits and such. She also kept me there over an hour talking after my hair cut was finished. The next day, she called me from her shop to say she had gotten her parish permit thanks to me and was on her way to buy a handgun. This was on Thursday and she got her permit on Fri and possibly a gun as well.

The last was a Plastic Surgeon that was examining a family member. He wanted to know everything about handguns and I mean everything. He talked more to me about what he needed and his intended use for a handgun than he did with the family member about her condition. He is 55 yrs of age and went to his first gun show two weeks earlier. We now have an appointment for next Wed to go shooting and he wants me to bring a couple of different guns that he can try. The unusual thing about this man is he was on the rifle shooting team in high school and never fired a gun since then and never shot a handgun. This took place yesterday.

That is three new gun owners that vote in one week. I have had maybe two or three people ask me about guns in a year but never this many in a week and asking for my help in their decisions. And NEVER would I have thought that two doctors would ask for my help in selecting a gun for their needs.

People are interested in guns now moreso than ever before.