View Single Post

Old 10-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Liked 13,340 Times in 3,309 Posts
Default On the other hand.

I've seen a couple of people mention "voices" that warned them. I've had that experience also.

November 27, 2007, my wife suffered a ruptured aneurysm in her brain. That night, after the surgery to repair the rupture, as I lay across her bed praying for her life, I heard a "voice" say to me "You're praying for the wrong thing." There was no one else in the room, but I "heard" that voice as distinctly as I've ever heard anything.

"The wrong thing? What does that mean?" I wondered. The voice replied "Genesis, Chapter 22."

Genesis Chapter 22? Then it hit me. That is where Abraham is called upon to offer up the thing he loves the most. His son, Issac. I have come to call this "My Abraham moment." I realized I either trusted God, or I didn't.

I changed my prayer. I realized that she didn't belong to me. She belonged to Jesus. She had given herself to him long before she knew me. I told God I would accept his will over mine. If he wanted to take her, I could accept that. BUT..."If you don't need her, I do. But I will praise you either way."

My wife recovered. I've tried to do my best to keep that promise and praise God at every opportunity. I know there are those who will scoff at this story, and that's fine.

I don't know who "spoke" to me that night. I know who I believe it was.
John 3:16 .
The Following 21 Users Like Post: