View Single Post

Old 10-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

Liked 1,569 Times in 421 Posts
Unhappy

So many explanations are possible in such a case. I've seen this happen so many, many times over the years with small custom shops. One or two person operations do not have staff to take over when illness or deaths take them. I understand this perhaps, better than most. But you have to cope with these things if you want to stay in business.

I knew Lou for many years. He was a great guy, a master craftsman and generous in so many different ways. I don't know what has happened to the business, but his operation was a bit larger than a one man shop. I believe he also sold volume to wholesalers and retailers. I thought a nephew continued the business with Mrs. Alessi, at least that was told to me by someone who said they read it on their website shortly after Lou died. That's just hearsay of course.

At the very least, whatever has happened, they should have made a public announcement explaining and apologizing for any delays or interruptions, contacted customers and offered refunds. Most reasonable people would expect that. I think not knowing the facts of the matter makes people feel worse and gives rise to a good deal of negative speculation. I am very, very sorry to learn of this.

Lefty