View Single Post

Old 10-16-2011, 02:10 AM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default 6th sense

I have had my"6th sense" talk to me a few times. Once, many years back I was on a deer hunting trip. I'd got a buck on Sunday and most of our family hunting party went home that afternoon. Tony had not got a deer and was going to stay for 2 more days so I decided to stay and camp with tony and his wife and go out with Tony to help if needed. Sunday night we were sitting around the fire and they went to bed. I walked over to the spring to get a drink of water before going to bed myself. As I approached the spring I got very spooked. I got a drink and almost ran back to my truck, looking over my shoulder all the way. I didn't have a flashlight and my only weapon was a knife. I got into my camper, my rifle was in the cab of my truck and I was in the back. I really wished I had my rifle with me but didn't like the idea of having to go get it.
In the morning we found my deer, hanging in a tree had been pulled down and partially eaten by a bear. I went right over to the spring and there were bear tracks in the mud there. Very shortly after that I purchased my 1st handgun (model 19), so I could always have gun nearby.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: