View Single Post

Old 10-22-2011, 01:16 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettis1 View Post
Saxon,
I wonder how many others only carry 5 rounds in their carriers that were built for 6.
I'm much worse than that. A few years ago my 1970s vintage speed strip broke inhalf (almost). So being old and cheap, I didn't want to throw the longer half away. So it still held 3 of them very well. To soothe my hoarders guilt, I tossed out the short part that would only hold 2 rounds. And I've carried the shorty with 3 in it off and on. Its proven more than adequate.

I'm figuring if the first 5 don't do the trick, I need to be hightailing it out of where ever anyway. Its why I dumped my 870 years ago and moved to a double. I discovered if I didn't hit the critter with the first shot, the 2nd was almost always a waste, and the subsequent shots were just out of frustration. I've since considered that maybe my shooting skills improved from my teen years, and moving up to a 12 from a 20 helped. Regardless, I feel well armed with 5 shots in a J frame. I don't need 15 in a bottom feeder, nor do I feel I'll ever need a second and third mag for one. As far as I can tell, we're not at war around where I live. When I hear its been declared, I won't be toting just a J anyhow.