View Single Post

Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 PM
US Veteran

Liked 50,719 Times in 6,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettis1 View Post
Saxon,

If everyone will forgive an off topic question, I found your first picture of that one that your rescued to be interesting. I see that you, like many of us, carry a speed strip with reloads. For a while I also only carried 5 rounds in it simply because of the easy logic that only 5 would fit in the revolver. Then it occurred to me that adding another round would not, in any way, hinder me in reloading the first 5, but would give me an additional round, if needed, at no extra effort. Acknowledging that the likelihood that any of us non-sworn individuals will ever need the eleventh round is astronomical, I wonder how many others only carry 5 rounds in their carriers that were built for 6.

Bob
Let me respond to this with a few questions:

1. Is 6 rounds more than 5?

2. Is it better to need the 6th round and not have it than to have it and not need it?

3. Do six rounds constitute more additional bulk and weight so it would make any difference over 5?

4. Will having a 6th round in a speed strip hinder the reloading of the revolver in any way?

5. What is the capacity of the speed strip?

6. Will the Gods of reloading not smile on you if you carry 6 instead of 5? Or will they?

7. What to give the 11th bad guy for his trouble?

8. What's a brain for?

And finally:

9. What would Jeff Cooper do?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

John