View Single Post

Old 10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,416 Times in 3,292 Posts

1. Is 6 rounds more than 5? NOT GREAT AT MATH BUT I BELIEVE THE ANSWER IS YES.

2. Is it better to need the 6th round and not have it than to have it and not need it? NO. BUT THE QUESTION IS WOULD ONE EVER ACTUALLY NEED A 6TH ROUND? THE VAST MAJORITY OF CIVILIAN GUNFIGHTS ARE OVER AFTER 1 - 3 SHOTS.

3. Do six rounds constitute more additional bulk and weight so it would make any difference over 5? IMO, YES. I WANT TO JETTISON AS MUCH WEIGHT AS I CAN IN MY POCKETS.

4. Will having a 6th round in a speed strip hinder the reloading of the revolver in any way? IME, YES. WITH MY FAT FINGERS I CAN WORK IT EASIER IF I HAVE MORE GRIPPING SPACE.

5. What is the capacity of the speed strip? 6

6. Will the Gods of reloading not smile on you if you carry 6 instead of 5? Or will they? I DON'T BELIEVE IN FALSE GODS

7. What to give the 11th bad guy for his trouble? HIGHLY UNLIKELY AN ARMED CITIZEN WILL EVER FIND HIMSELF IN SUCH A SITUATION. THE AVERAGE PERSON FACING 11+ ARMED ATTACKERS PROBABLY NEEDS MORE HELP THAN CAN BE PROVIDED BY 1 OR 2 ROUNDS OF 38 SPECIAL AMMO. I CAN JUST IMAGINE FIRING 5 ROUNDS, RELOADING, FIRING ANOTHER FIVE, AND THEN TRYING TO RELOAD AGAIN WITH A SINGLE CARTRIDGE BEING ALL I HAD AVAILABLE. BETTER OFF TRYING TO UNDONKEY THE AREA.

8. What's a brain for? IS THIS SERIOUS QUESTION?

And finally:

9. What would Jeff Cooper do? HE WOULD HAVE A 1911 COLT LOADED WITH 225 GRAIN SWC LEAD BULLETS OVER 7 GRAINS OF UNIQUE.

Last edited by Art Doc; 10-22-2011 at 06:10 PM.