View Single Post

Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 PM

Liked 40 Times in 25 Posts

There are a ton of options out there and I'll mention a few in a minute. But, honestly, mine looks great and shoots great with the round butt service grips that are original equipment. I'm keeping mine in original condition.

If you're looking for options, here are a few that I've tried. I have a set of Uncle Mike's combat grips on my 2" Model 64 that also fit the 19. They can be had from Smith at about $35. They cover the backstrap and absorb recoil splendidly. Not much to look at. I also have a set of round-square conversion "coke" reproductions from Nill. These guys are uber-expensive, costing north of $250. They fit the gun like a glove, but the look certainly isn't traditional and, honestly, I don't think they go well with a snub. I also have tried some wooden K-frame round butt Hogues on the gun. These grips look great and work equally well on a 4" barrel revolver. But, on a snub? They're just too big in my opinion and are sort of counterintuitive if you're thinking concealability. Ditto for rubber Hogues and even more so for Pachmayr Grippers.

So, for me, the bottom line is the original grips or-- if you want something that's super functional, the Uncle Mikes.

I've included a picture of my 19 with the originals and my Model 64 wearing the Uncle Mikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0881.jpg (65.1 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg guns 002.jpg (108.0 KB, 250 views)