View Single Post

Old 10-30-2011, 10:24 PM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts

My biggest thing at the gun shows is people thinking that they "have" to show me how their gun works. I know how they work. I was at a show last week when I was helping a buddy out and a guy wanted to see a Ruger Single Six. EVen with one good hand I opened the loading gate and was able to roll it along to make sure it was empty. The guy looked at me and asked why I was doing fancy tricks. I politely informed him that I always want to make sure I hand a gun to someone that isn't loaded, and I expect the same courtesy.

I remember going to a gun shop where I looked at a Walther PPK and after I dropped the mag and racked the slide and out came a live .380. I picked it up off the floor and handed it to the owner. It turns out that 10 minutes before I was there someone else had been looking at the gun. I have seen and heard of people bringing a live round with them to see if the gun cycled properly. Sometimes the gun on the rack or the table isn't always the fault of the seller if its found loaded.

Last edited by David LaPell; 10-30-2011 at 10:28 PM.