View Single Post

Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM

Liked 165 Times in 62 Posts

excellent! i will check it immediately. i have always assumed that the "low" screw diamond was the short frame, and the "high" screw was the long frame. i didn't think the short frame was particularly rare, as i have seen the low diamond well into the 40,000 range and even higher.

the small triggerguard/triggerguard screw frame is what i am searching for!!! i guess, at this point, my first question is whether the small triggerguard is ALWAYS accompanied by the short gripframe, or (as i have assumed!) that the short gripframe continued for some time after the small triggerguard (and triggerguard screw) was phased out.

i have tried a couple of threads with absolutely no luck in luring a small triggerguard gun out. i decided that a thread inviting LOW serial numbers might bring one to the surface. i reckon the 24000 range is about as low as i have ever even seen in a pic (except the tiny pic in scosw).

i appreciate the info on 38/49 grips! i just posted the first "high" diamond pic in my pic file. i have always heard that the "short" frame had about one line of checkering below the diamond, and the "long" frame had about 4 lines. investigating this screw location placement was my only reason for posting the other pic, and i apologize for not digging deeper and posting a later "conventional" 36 or 37!

STILL searching for low airweight serial numbers! and any info!!!!