View Single Post

Old 11-05-2011, 08:30 PM
US Veteran

Liked 315 Times in 191 Posts
Default The Real Deal On SD and M&P Series Pistols

IMHO I SAY AGAIN.....IMHO.....The M&P is a glorified version of the SD series. The only differences I can find after close examination and firing of both is the following:

* SD has basically the same sights as the M&P minus the ****** tridium (spl.) front sight.

* M&P has a big ole fat ***** butt the SD is more refined 18 degree rasked out grip.

* The M&P is about $90 to $100 dollars more in price.

* The M&P is more ergonomic as far as ambi. controls and adjustable grips ( SD should have done the same. Us lefties always get screwed )

* The M&P trigger breaks at less poundage.

.......just to name a few. I'm sure there is more .

To keep this short The M&P and the SD both shot exactly the same for me at 10, 15 and 25 yards...dead on! with Walley World WWB 9mm 115 gr. ammo, with only one exception there was only two FTE's with the M&P out of 400 rounds. and no FTE or FTF with 400 rounds though the SD.

Bottom line is you get all the extra bells and whistles if you have the extra bucks ,but the extras are just a marketing ploy. Both M&P $500 and SD $400 both were dead on shooters no matter what the cost. Don't get sucked in by bling and BS from marketing do the research by old fashion range work if possible to do so.

One last thing! Don't condem the SD series because of the Sigma line. S&W may have repackaged the Sigma some what, but the SD 9 and 40 are really good bangs for the buck. Basicall the are all just like chevy's buicks and caddys some just have more bling than the other.....The SD is what it is at Aprox. $400 bucks. I would not hesitate to carry it for CCW. The SD is more sleek and best suited for CCW. The M&P 9 is more of a duty carry weapon as it should be with its heavier weight and big ole butt, and is a good shooter just the same.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 11-05-2011 at 08:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: