View Single Post

Old 11-12-2011, 03:06 PM

Liked 22,763 Times in 5,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC2 View Post
I want a 3.5" with an old S&W grip adapter, (faux) ivory grips, and would even be so bold as to put my initials on the stocks.
Sounds like you are
describing my old pre-27. Except mine does not have the initials on it and the grips are not faux.

Quote:
The gun is large and heavy for the capacity.
You can solve the capacity issue with one of the newer Registered Magnums. These are 8 shot carbon steel model 27s that were produced n blue or nickel.

Quote:
The barrel is too short to exploit the .357 ballistics, yet it is not short enough to have that "snubby" cool factor.
I totally disagree. OK, you are not going to get the top speeds that you would from a 8 3/8" barrel, but even in a short tube the 357 Magnum out shines most all other cartridges when used in similar firearms. FYI, the 158 grain Hornady Custom XTP-HP leaves a 3 1/2" model 27 at 1220 FPS. The same cartridge generates 1380 FPS from an 8" Colt Python and it takes a 20" 1892 lever gun to achieve 1745 FPS. I can live with that.

You think that there is no "COOL Factor" in the 3 1/2"......much of this Forum will disagree with you on that. The bottom revolver is the 8 shot while the upper revolver is a 6 shot.

This is the 3 1/2" that was used for the chronograph session

Here is the Python that was used.

And here is the lever gun

Last edited by colt_saa; 11-12-2011 at 03:13 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: