View Single Post

Old 11-13-2011, 02:23 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,581 Times in 5,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC2 View Post
Nice guns and data, but I think you are missing some of my point. What I meant was that nothing on the 3.5" stands out too much to explain its desirability, yet it is still undeniable. It doesn't have a particularly short barrel (what I meant by snubby cool, also ensures packability), nor does it have a long barrel (better ballistics and arguably balance), but somehow the gun is more than the sum of its parts. The entire point of the post was to praise the gun, and to explain how cool it has become to me, even though it shines in no particular area. I think a lot of it is looks, mystique, and history as some have mentioned. Plus, Patton called his Registered Magnum of that length his "killing gun", what better endorsement can you have than that? The newer 8 shot sounds intriguing, does it have an internal lock?
Oh for the good old days when you could send an order to the Factory and get EXACTLY what you want.

And not only did they build it for you, just ten days after getting the order, the Vice President of the company acknowledged your order with a nice letter.

The BEST Part.....the revolver only cost $48. OK that was in 1935 dollars

You might not know this, but I happen to be a Patton fan and agree that is a pretty COOL endorsement.

Yes the new Registered Magnums are fitted with locks.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: