View Single Post

Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

I dont CCW all that much. When I was working as just a guard, I carried revolvers for over 35 years. So with all the requalifing I definetly am more comfortable with revolvers. Also they intrigue me more. I have many revolvers and only one auto, a worked over 1911 remington-rand.
I am not near as active as I was years ago with experimenting, reloading and shooting. I had autos too back then. I never liked chaseing brass, broke my heart to lose so many. No auto is currently made that is as powerfull as revolvers. Yes there was the automag, but how many were available, and I doubt if anyone wanted to conceal one.
My dad was my teacher. He was a conservative practable man and owned everything but autos, and trained me to make every shot count.
I never could buy the mind set of spray and pray, or haveing a ton of extra rounds with me. Not at all saying I am right, its just what formed my opinion. I well know all the arguments possible on each side and have forty years ago. Unless a person is a very dedicated active shooter, I belive the simpler, the better. Listen up! You might be active for a number of years with a auto, but as you age, shooting gets pushed aside as it`s no longer a new thing and you get a little dull or complacent or whatever. Even for us old guys I belive the simpler the better in exciteing moments. Thats why I pack a revolver when I pack.
But then again, even stainless handguns are the sign of a newbie to me!