View Single Post

Old 11-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithMarine View Post
Two things I would check that I have not seen mentioned.
1. Pull the bullets on the remaining loads and weigh the powder with an actual scale. and are you sure it was a 125 and not a 158 gr bullet that slipped in?
2. Are you SURE it was Unique? Check the powder in the pulled loads to compare. It has been known to happen that some people have more than one powder on the bench (a reloading no-no) and use the wrong one.
Look on the bright side, you have some spare parts for the next M60 once you take off the sideplate and remove them, along with the grips and maybe barrel.
I have a policy of only having a one can of powder on my bench at a time the rest is kept in the wooden chest on the floor. Plus, I only use unique in my handguns because 99% of the time I shoot very mild loads. I also have 500 round boxes of cast bullets on my bench, and these particular bullets were a truncated cone bullet I got in trying out a new casting place. My 158 grain bullets are a regular semi-wadcutter. As far as the rest of the box, I just pulled the bullets and dumped the powder I didn't bother to measure the powder because I was pretty sure it was just an overload.
The Following User Likes This Post: