View Single Post

Old 11-23-2011, 10:12 PM

Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
Default Bodyguard BG-380 (unofficial) Bible First Draft

Inspired by 1911's P22 bible it gave me the confidence to go through my Bodyguard 380. And let me tell you the panic feeling the first time I pulled it apart and all the parts fell out and the takedown retainer spring shot across the garage taking me an hour to find. I thought how embarrassing it would be to pay a gunsmith to put it back together but in 10-15 minutes it all made sense and actually a much easier gun to manage than my Walther P22 with perhaps even more elegant simple design and better build quality.

There is not much to do on one of these but mine is not even the same gun it was new. The spongy trigger is smooth and snappy and it feeds perfectly, shoots better than it should be able to. I didn't really modify the gun but I took photos as I cleaned and ressembled finding every place that could be smoothed, polished or lubed. Didn't touch some of the critical components or contact points that would change the gun or how it fires but you can tell a huge difference holding the second one I own that's barely been fired.

Mostly I captured how you can take it completely apart and how all parts are oriented and put back together. That alone may be helpful. I saved it to PDF file and anyone that needs it just let me know.

UPDATE: Here's the link for the PDF version and I also made a youtube video version I think is even easier to follow

PDF FILE DOWNLOAD

http://tinyurl.com/BG380BIBLE

YOUTUBE VIDEO VERSION
Body Guard 380 Tube Up Bible - YouTube

Last edited by GeorgiaShooter; 11-24-2011 at 09:43 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: