View Single Post

Old 11-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I worked Corrections. Inside is a definate no-no for firearms unless assigned to a inside overhead gun-walk or or ground level armed post covering inmate activity. The Tower officers were always required at all times to wear the side arm even though you were outside the fense perimeter and were virtually out of reach behind a locked door. Some officers would take it off half way through the shift but, there would be hell to pay if caught if visited by the Sgt. and forgot to put it back on.

I was a Sergeant who at times supervised the towers, I was required to wear a holster and keep the handgun locked in a strong box in the cab and holster it if needed. I even removed the holster from my belt before entering inside of the prison. Funny thing, every inmate would immediately notice my holster when inside and some of us decided to start removing them before going inside and then it became policy. Them inmates may not be smart but they have masters degree in noticing things and body language.

While at home I always have a handgun close and always for the most part carry when going out or traveling.

Last edited by dogtag; 11-24-2011 at 07:19 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: