View Single Post

Old 11-25-2011, 07:47 PM

Liked 284 Times in 131 Posts

Fastbolt-Whatever amount of shooting I did today standing, there were no malfunctions, if that tells you anything. I shot mostly from the bench as I wanted to chronicle how well it would shoot with different loads without introducing another variable standing on hind legs.

Dragon-I have read that before and that guy's a whiz at explaining magazines and has good pics to back up what he says. I thought about that as I read your post and think I'll re-read it again.

Quote:
If your SW-SC is tighter than your SW1911.....the finickiness of the Wilson might be your issue.
It's more tight for sure. The feed lips on the Wilson are parallel and the release point sooner . The Tripp has a longer release point and the lips are tapered a bit. The follower has the little dimple on it as well. The Wilson may run good with SWC's but I don't know about the GD's after today but, I won't pronounce rash judgement quite yet...it could have been me. I'll try again standing and if it does it again(I have them all marked) I'll replace the spring/follower with Tripp's.

I bought this pistol as a carry piece and it won't go with me until it's proven itself a lot more than today. It shoots about 1-1 1/2" to the left but it has a set screw for adjustment on windage. I don't know it you'd have to use a wooden drift or if it'll just move once loose.