View Single Post

Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 AM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

I think I short changed Rule3 on the diluted case lube in alcohol in a spray bottle trick. I most humbly apologize for not giving proper homage the rightful provider of knowledge!!!

I use either Win 738 or Varget for my .223 with 55gr bullets. I also started with a Hodgdon powder but forget what number it was. H322? H355? I forget. Oh, and I also used some left over hand me down BL-(C)2, or however they write that on the bottle. I’m also forgetting that I used some IMR 3031. I didn’t care for that one but it worked well. Extruded or stick powders like the Varget and IMR powders won’t be the best flowing in powder measures but work very well in the electric measures like RCBS, Hornady, Pact, and Smartreloader make. Ball powder is what I stick with in all other powder measures. I listened to a lot of crimp or no crimp talk and settled for my own use on a light crimp that I can just barely see. I use the Lee Rifle Factory Crimp Die for that. I load for an AR though so I prefer to have some kind of crimp. The one very nice thing about reloading rifle is that it is usually near impossible to load a double charge of powder. At least that aspect is nice despite the extra effort.

Last edited by Maximumbob54; 11-30-2011 at 07:28 AM.