View Single Post

Old 12-02-2011, 11:57 AM
US Veteran

Liked 530 Times in 243 Posts

I buy, sell and trade quite a bit.

I rarely if ever sell or trade a S&W or Ruger wheelgun, I have only let a few of these go. When I buy a revolver, it's for a reason and even if I have many duplicates of the same or similiar gun, I keep all of them.

I am currently liquidating a large rifle collection, because I have little interest anymore in rifle collecting or shooting and I get vastly more excited by collecting and shooting revolvers.

Interests change and I see no point in holding on to guns that will just take up space in a safe, when they can be replaced by guns that will get used. Guns may be "prized" by us, and some of them have sentimental value, but in the end they are just pieces of steel that can be replaced.

The way I see it, life is too short for regrets...I have sold a few rifles that I kind of regretted at the time, but they were soon forgotten as I don't let myself live life in the rear view mirror.....we don't really own anything, we are only borrowing it and our gun collections will go to our heirs to do with what they see fit. We can't take our guns with us, so enjoy them now. If selling a few rifles that collect dust in your closet will allow you to buy a revolver you will actually use and enjoy, I say go for it.