View Single Post

Old 12-03-2011, 02:16 PM

Liked 63 Times in 32 Posts
Default IWB J frame holsters

I usually like a pocket holster for the j frame, but am starting to like the IWB and am trying to find one I like. I was wondering if you all have ran across the same issue I'm about to describe.

I have the style in the first pic for my K frame. I like that the top of the clip is even with the top of the holster, and that the gun rides deep, with the handle just above the belt. It doesnt feel bulky, but it's thin flimsy leather.

I just got the one in the second pic in the mail today, it's form fitting, and well made, but the reinforcing strip around the top makes it feel bulky, and the clip is so low, that everything rides over an inch above the beltline. Better access to the gun, but more uncomfortable to me, esp when sitting down.

To me, a cross between the two would be excellent. A single piece of heavier leather, with the suede on the outside, no strip around the top, and the top of the clip even with the top of the holster. If anyone knows of one, or if any leather workers here can make one, pls let me know.

I haven't used them enough to know for sure what I like, so if you all have reasons to like one over the other, let me know. I'm thinking of returning the new higher riding one in a few days, unless someone wants to trade it for one that may work for me. Its well made, and was $25.

JT

Last edited by guitar1580; 04-04-2014 at 08:12 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: