View Single Post

Old 12-04-2011, 10:45 PM

Liked 22,701 Times in 5,867 Posts
Talking

I love model 27s

.......all of them.

I own many 27/357/627s. But I only have a 4" and 6" model 28 just to have them in the collection. I have never even considered not shooting a model 27 because I could get a model 27 with a cheaper finish on it.

If this is intended to be a shooter, who cares if it has zero finish on it. When you can afford another, you will add another or you will refinish this one.

For target shooting, I like the wide hammer and trigger that is found on many model 27s. These same features are found on very few model 28s. That is worth some extra money for me. Also model 28s have become way expensive. There used to be a sizable percentage difference in price between the two models. This has narrowed considerably over the past ten years.

Now how long do you plan on keeping this target revolver? 1 month? 12 months? Probably more like several years.

The 6" nickel model 27 on the top right of my first image is also the first revolver I ever purchased new. That was in 1978, I still own it. I still shoot it. It was $245 new from the dealer. If I paid $100 more than a model 28 (which was not available in nickel) that would come to about 25 cents per month extra since the time I purchased it.

I think it was money well spent